1. These terms and conditions relate to the World Milk Day giveaway promotion (“Promotion”). Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of, and entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of, these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (“Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 10:00am on 15 May 2023 and closes at 11.00pm on 31 May 2023 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
Conditions of Entry
4. All entrants into the Promotion must reside at a New Zealand residential address at the time of the Promotion.
5. If the Prize Winner is under 18, the Prize will be issued to the prize winner’s parent or guardian.
6. The competition will run across three social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
7. There will be one prize (the “Prize”) available per social media channel, being Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
8. Each winner (the “Prize Winner”) will be chosen separately in accordance with the process described in these terms and conditions.
9. Each Prize Winner will receive one Gourmet Direct Cheese Hamper up to the value of NZD$100.00 which includes the cost of delivery.
10. The Prize will be delivered to the Prize Winner’s New Zealand residential address.
How to enter
11. To enter, during the Promotional Period you must, in relation to the Promoter’s ‘World Milk Day giveaway promotion’ competition post (“Relevant Post”) on the fonterra.nz Instagram page(“Instagram Page”), the Fonterra Facebook page(“Facebook Page”), and/or the Fonterra LinkedIn page(“LinkedIn Page”).
a. Comment on the Relevant Post tagging someone you want to share the goodness of milk with this World Milk Day and follow the relevant Fonterra social media account on which you tagged that person.
13. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or the responsibility of, Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
14. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promotion database and not at the time of transmission by you.
Draw and Winner Notification
15. The Prize Winners will be chosen by random selection of the Promoter on 01 June 2023 at 10.00am and the Prize Winners will be subsequently notified by direct message on Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
16. If a Prize Winner has not responded within two days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random selection of the Promoter on 03 June 2023 at 10.00am.
17. The Prize Winner must have a valid New Zealand residential address. The prize will be delivered to that address at the Promoter’s cost.
18. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Prizes will be awarded to the named owner of the social media account that made the entry into the Promotion.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
21. Prizes cannot be varied and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. In the event that a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
22. If the winner is not able to be contacted within a reasonable time period following the draw, that winner shall forfeit the prize and the Promoter may choose to draw another winner, and so on until a winner is contacted to accept the prize.
23. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner including meals, taxes, transport, insurance and any other ancillary costs of any nature.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the winner or is not suitable to Fonterra, then that winner shall forfeit their rights to any prizes.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry (including the winning entry) which, in the Promoter’s opinion includes objectionable content, profanity or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements.
26. The Promoter may disqualify any entry or individual (including any prize winner) who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry not in accordance with the terms and conditions, breaches these terms and conditions, or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is unlawful, improper, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or Promotion.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any web site, telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof.
28. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
29. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion.
30. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries or any entries that for whatever reason, are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
31. The winner of any prize agrees to co-operate with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including being interviewed, photographed or filmed. The winner permits having their name, image and/or voice appear in connection with the Promotion, the Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world.
32. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related companies shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury whatsoever by or to any person in connection with the Promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize.
33. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information from entrants to conduct the Promotion – without this personal information you may not be able to enter into the Promotion. All personal information will be held by the Promoter for the purposes of the Promotion and may be shared with partners of the Promoter solely for the purposes of the Promotion. Please refer to Fonterra’s Privacy Statement (www.fonterra.com/nz/en/privacy-statement) for more information on the collection, use disclosure and storage of your personal information by the Promoter, and how you can access or request correction of your personal information.