June 2018 – In this edition
- New Zealand production up 6% in May compared to previous year. Australia, Europe and the US also up low single-digit.
- US, New Zealand and Australian exports show double-digit growth for the month. European exports remain on the rise.
- Latin America, Asia and China show steady import growth. Growth in Middle East and Africa accelerates in February.
- Fonterra's New Zealand milk collection for the season ended 31 May 2018 was 1,505 million kgMS, down 1% on last season.
- Forecast Fonterra milk collection in New Zealand for the 2018/19 season is 1,525 million kgMS, up 1.3% on 2017/18.
- Fonterra is bringing its dairy goodness to online consumers in Southeast Asia for the first time through a new partnership with Lazada, the leading online shopping destination in the region.
- It’s an oldie but a goodie – Tip Top’s Boysenberry Ripple has taken out the supreme award at the New Zealand Ice Cream awards for the fourth time.
- Minimum shareholding requirement for farmer shareholders.
- Climate change ambassadors to show the way.