August 2018 – In this edition
- Early season New Zealand production assisted by favourable weather conditions. Australian production decreased in June over previous period.
- Exports down in New Zealand and Australia for June. Growth continues in Europe and the US.
- Latin America, Asia and Middle East and Africa imports record double‑digit growth in April.
- Fonterra’s early season milk collection across New Zealand for the two months to 31 July reached 31 million kgMS. This represents less than 3% of the full season forecast.
- Anchor announces the addition of the a2 Milk™ brand by Anchor to its milk portfolio.
- Chinese commuters are now able to enjoy Anchor’s extra‑stretchy mozzarella as they travel the world’s largest rail network thanks to a new supply agreement with Pizza Seven.
- Fonterra is transitioning from coal to renewable energy at its Stirling site in Otago.