1. Adopt good management practice across the supply chain
Partner with our milk and dairy ingredients suppliers to support the adoption of good management practices to continuously improve animal health and welfare and biosecurity outcomes, including the elimination of practices that contravene the Five Freedoms.
2. Improve stakeholder understanding
Work with stakeholders to increase understanding of animal welfare in a dairy context.
3. Advocate for robust standards and regulation
Collaborate with governments, international organisations, industry and other key stakeholders to achieve robust animal welfare and biosecurity regulations, standards and systems that are aligned.
4. Be active in innovative solutions
Initiate or participate in programmes to advance animal health and welfare practices and supporting technology.
5. Be prepared for incidence response
Design and implement response and escalation protocols to ensure we are prepared and can manage pests and disease outbreaks.