3.1 Recruitment and selection:
If you’ve shown interest in a position at Fonterra, we store your personal data on our Recruitment System and/or associated systems. We use this data to communicate with you and determine whether your qualifications and profile meet the requirements of the vacancy you have applied for. We may also use this information to let you know about other opportunities with us, or invite you to participate in recruitment activities or events.
Personal data can include your contact details, experience and qualification information (such as your CV/resume, employment history, references, visa status/right to work as applicable, education history etc.) and correspondence you’ve had with us about job applications.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent and/or for the purpose of potentially joining our team. We may also rely on third parties (e.g. recruitment agencies, background checking and immigration agencies) to ensure that they have your consent or another legal basis to collect, process and pass that data to us. If they do not have a legal basis for processing personal data, they must anonymise it.
3.2 Answering your questions:
If you get in touch with us via contact us form on Fonterra.com, we’ll use your personal data in order to reply and answer your question(s).
We may also record questions you may have asked, and answers our recruitment team have provided, throughout the course of any recruitment process you have engaged in with us.
For this purpose, we process your name, contact details, your correspondence with us and all other personal data necessary to answer your question.
3.3 Requesting pre-employment checks and employment agreements:
If we offer you a position at Fonterra as an employee, we’ll use your personal data to initiate employment processes such as requesting pre-employment checks and if successful, providing an employment agreement. We’ll continue to store your personal data in our HR systems to support employment processes throughout your employment with Fonterra, and in accordance with statutory requirements and Fonterra’s policies.
If you’re an independent contractor/contingent worker, we’ll process your personal data in the same way to enter into an agreement for services with you.
For this purpose, we process your personal data, which may include contact details, date of birth, gender, nationality, ID card or passport details, employment status, experience and qualification information (such as employment history, education history etc), visa/work permit details, availability, tax details, payment and salary details including those related to bonus, insurance, and details about your location.
Following your selection, we may continue to provide certain information to immigration agencies as required by law to monitor our compliance with immigration laws.
3.4 We also collect and process your personal data based on:
- The intention to enter into an employment contract or agreement for services.
- Fonterra’s legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our data and systems, direct marketing (of employment opportunities with Fonterra), and improving our recruitment services. Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they don’t override your rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to this processing. For more information, see section 7 ‘How can you exercise your privacy rights?’.
- Compliance with mandatory legal obligations, including for example accounting and tax requirements, which are subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods), and procedures.
- Consent that you provide where Fonterra does not rely on a legal basis to capture your personal data. In these situations, you can withdraw your consent at any time, and when you give your consent, you will be given details on how to notify us when you change your mind.
How we collect your personal data:
- Through your correspondence with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to a service centre, or with any of our employees or recruitment team, an email or letter sent, or other records of any contact or correspondence with us.
- If you physically visit our premises, we may collect information about you on CCTV as part of our security and crime prevention measures. We may also collect your name and contact details for security and health and safety purposes, and your visiting history to our premises, and to provide to facilities such as wifi.
- From information we obtain from other sources, such as recruitment agencies and other third parties that may relate to your interactions with us.