3.1 Answering your questions:
If you get in touch with us via a contact form (available at www.Fonterra.com) or through an email address provided in relation to a vacancy, we’ll use your personal data in order to reply and answer your question(s).
We may also record questions you may have asked, and answers our recruitment team have provided, throughout the course of any recruitment process you have engaged in with us for monitoring and record keeping purposes. For this purpose, we process your name, contact details, your correspondence with us and all other personal data necessary to answer your question.
3.2 Recruitment and selection:
If you’ve shown interest in a position at Fonterra, we store your personal data on our recruitment system and/or associated systems. We use this data to communicate with you and determine whether your qualifications and professional profile meet the requirements of the vacancy you have applied for. We may also use this information to let you know about other opportunities with us, or invite you to participate in recruitment activities or events.
Personal data can include your contact details, experience and qualification information (such as your CV/resume, employment history, references, visa status/right to work as applicable, education history etc.) and correspondence you’ve had with us about job applications.
We may also collect personal data such as your gender, ethnicity and, where applicable, iwi affiliations, if you choose to provide this. Where we ask to collect this information, you will be able to opt out of providing a response. A decision to provide information (and the information you provide) or a decision to opt out will not have any impact on your selection for any role. Personal data provided in these circumstances is used strictly for equal opportunities monitoring and reporting of role applicants and is anonymised when used for this purpose. It helps us to ensure we promote a diverse and inclusive working environment.
We process your personal data on the basis of your consent and/or for the purpose of potentially joining our team. We may also rely on third parties (e.g. recruitment agencies, background checking, your nominated references and immigration agencies) to provide such data and proceed on the basis that they have your consent or another legal basis to collect, process and pass that data to us. If they do not have a legal basis for processing personal data, they must anonymise it.
3.3 Requesting pre-employment checks and employment agreements:
Before you are offered a position at Fonterra as an employee, we’ll use your personal data to initiate employment processes such as requesting pre-employment/engagement checks and, where applicable, assessments and if successful, providing an employment agreement or agreement for services. We’ll tell you which checks are relevant to your role before they are conducted. You can refuse to allow us to conduct checks, but this may affect our ability to offer you a role with Fonterra.
If you are employed or engaged by us, we’ll continue to store your personal data in our HR systems to support employment and contractor engagement processes and the management of your employment or engagement throughout your time with Fonterra. Such storage will be in accordance with statutory requirements and Fonterra’s policies.
For this purpose, we process your personal data, which may include contact details, date of birth, gender, nationality, ethnicity, ID card or passport details, employment status, experience and qualification information (such as employment history, education history etc), results of background checks, visa/work permit details, availability, tax details, emergency contacts, references, payment and salary details including those related to bonus, insurance, and details about your location.
Following your selection, we may provide certain information to immigration and taxation agencies as required by law to monitor our compliance with relevant immigration and taxation laws.
If you’re an independent contractor/contingent worker, we’ll process your personal data in the same way to enter into and manage an agreement for services with you.
3.4 We also collect and process your personal data based on:
- Fonterra’s legitimate business interests, for example, fraud prevention, maintaining the security of our data and systems, direct marketing (of employment opportunities with Fonterra), and improving our recruitment services. Whenever we rely on this lawful basis to process your data, we assess our business interests to make sure they don’t override your rights. Additionally, in some cases you have the right to object to this processing. For more information, see section 7 ‘How can you exercise your privacy rights?’.
- Compliance with mandatory legal obligations, including for example accounting and tax requirements, which are often subject to strict internal policies (such as retention periods) and procedures required by law.
- Your consent. In these situations, you can withdraw your consent at any time, and when you give your consent, you will be given details on how to notify us when you change your mind.
3.5 How we collect your personal data:
- Through your correspondence with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to a service centre, or with any of our employees or recruitment team, an email or letter sent, or other records of any contact or correspondence with us (including any correspondence and other submissions made directly on our website or to us via another third party platform, for example a job seeker website).
- If you physically visit our premises, we may collect information about you on CCTV as part of our security and crime prevention measures. We may also collect your name and contact details and, where applicable, car registration for security and health and safety purposes, and your visiting history to our premises, and to provide facilities such as wifi (which will be on the terms and conditions notified to you at the time).
- From information we obtain from other sources, such as recruitment agencies and other third parties that may relate to your interactions with us.