Our team in Malaysia has bagged two reputable awards for human resource excellence – HR Asia’s ‘Best Companies to Work for in Asia’ and an inaugural award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
The HR Asia Awards recognises companies that show world-class employee engagement and workplace excellence while displaying demonstrable empathy and care for their people.
The awards this year focused on the efforts of companies embedding diversity and inculcating inclusion in the workplace, while retaining HR Asia’s stringent evaluation criteria.
“We’re thrilled to be recognised as of the best companies to work for in Asia and one of the best workplaces for DEI”, said HR Director Carolyn Lim. “That this is an outcome of the endorsement of our people makes the win especially meaningful.”
Employees ranked the workplace based on metrics ranging from workplace happiness and team cohesion to employee advocacy and continued job motivation. This formed 80% of the award criteria. The other 20% came from an assessment of employee value proposition, the ability of the business to navigate the workforce through the pandemic, as well as its learning and talent development plans.
Fonterra Malaysia has worked consistently to be a great place to work for both fresh graduates and seasoned professionals.
“It’s a testament to how we are doing things right,” says Lim.
Fonterra Malaysia was also one of 6 winners in the DEI category, earning one of the highest scores. “This tells us that our people feel safe and comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, regardless of age, gender, background or where they sit within the organisation.”
With its equal opportunity ethos, diverse workforce and strong female representation on the management team, Fonterra Malaysia stood out from the other 54 companies.
Homegrown talent Francis Quak started out as Technical Engineer and today, two decades later, is FBM’s Operations Director. Quak said he was very proud to be part of a business that was respected and recognised as one of the best in the industry. “Our people and culture are evolving, as any good business should ” he said. It’s this and the continued opportunity to grow that keep me firmly here ”.
On the back of this win, Fonterra Malaysia also clinched the Graduan Brands Awards for Malaysia’s ‘Top 3 Most Preferred Employer” in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) category.
GRADUAN® is a leading and highly respected career resource for Malaysian talents.
Moving one rank higher to secure 1st runner-up position from last year, Fonterra was the top-of-mind choice of talents who voted through various Graduan platforms.