Fonterra’s consumer business, led by Anchor, is marking 5 years in China this week.
“It’s great to be here in New Zealand celebrating a significant milestone for Anchor in China, and for the whole Fonterra family,” says Christina Zhu, President of Fonterra Greater China.
“We’ve come a long way since the first Anchor UHT milk bottle hit the shelf in a central Shanghai store in 2013.
“At the time, we had only one product sold in only one store. Now we have 47 products sold in 13,000 stores nationwide. And that’s just 45% of our sales, the other 55% is online”
“Over those five years we’ve sold the equivalent of nearly 1 billion glasses of milk in China and I’m proud to say Anchor is now the #1 imported milk brand in China.”
As well as having a leading consumer brand, Fonterra is also the category leader in both the foodservice and ingredient markets in China.
“One in four litres of milk we collect ends up in China. This is why China is such an important export market for Fonterra,” says Christina.
Anchor Food Professionals has also held a Best cream cake competition in China, which generated more than 10 million votes. See the winning cake and the runner up.