Terms and conditions
Back to School COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS (NEW ZEALAND)
1. These terms and conditions relate to the Fonterra Milk for Schools Back to School (“Promotion”). Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of, and entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of, these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (“Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 12.01am Friday 22 February 2019 and closes at 11.59pm Sunday 17 March 2019 (“Promotional Period”). Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
Conditions of Entry
4. By entering the competition, you are confirming that you are over 18 years old or that you have the consent of your parent(s) or guardian(s) and that you are resident in New Zealand.
5. Three (3) primary schools will be selected by the panel of judges from the entries throughout the Promotional Period. The winner of each prize will consist of:
a. the primary school nominated in the entry (if it is accepted);
b. the nominated child; and
c. the nominated person in the community (this must be an individual, not a group, entity, company etc), together with the Winner(s).
6. The prize is made up as follows:
a. A visit to the winning primary school from Richie McCaw, who will arrive by car to pick up the winning child. Richie McCaw and the winning child will then travel to pick up the winning member of the community by car and then return to the winning primary school with the Fonterra Milk for Schools delivery. At the school they will enjoy the Fonterra Milk for Schools milk with the nominated school group (maximum number of 150 students), Richie McCaw will make a speech and spend approximately one hour at the school.
b. Richie will arrive by car so the school will need somewhere for Richie to park his car and a space for everyone to drink milk and listen to Richie’s speech. Richie will also stay and share a milk moment with the nominated school children.
c. The nominated person in the community will also receive vouchers on the day of the school visit for a “Year’s Supply of Anchor Milk” which for the purposes of the Promotion is equal to 4 x 2L bottles of Anchor Blue Top or Lite Blue Top or Trim Milk each week, for 52 weeks, which can be used to redeem the Anchor Milk at your nearest supermarket one (1) voucher can be used to redeem two (2) 2L bottle of Anchor Milk).
How to enter
7. To enter, visit us online at fonterramilkforschools.com and complete the competition entry form with your name, phone number, email address, nominated primary school and nominated person in your community and tell us in 150 words or less why your nominated person should win the Prize. You may also include a picture or short videos as part of the entry form (subject to a size limit of 60MB).
8. The reason why your nominated person should win the Prize must be in your own words and (if applicable) contain your own photo or video and must not be copied. The Promotor may disqualify your entry if the Promotor considers (in its sole discretion) that your entry is not your own work, is unsuitable, may cause offence, or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions.
9. If you submit a photo or video which shows other people you must have confirmed with those people that they also give their permission for the photo or video to be submitted and published by the Promoter. By submitting any photo or video, you agree the Promoter shall have the right to store electronically any photos, videos or images sent in by entrants to the competition and the right to use the photos, videos or images free of charge for any business purpose in any media whatsoever.
10. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promotion database and not at the time of transmission by you.
Draw and Winner Notification
11. The three Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges. One prize will be selected each week for a total of 3 weeks as follows:
a. Prize 1 on 7 March 2019 for a school visit on Tuesday 12 March 2019
b. Prize 2 on 14 March 2019 for a school visit on Tuesday 19 March 2019
c. Prize 3 on 23 March 2019 for a school visit on Tuesday 26 March 2019.
12. The selected primary schools and person who submitted the nomination will be notified by telephone on the date of the prize selection. The winning person from the community will not be notified, this will be a surprise on the day.
13. A selected primary school will forfeit the Prize if:
a. it is not able to be contacted, or has not responded to our phone calls, within 4 normal working hours, or does not indicate that it accepts the prize within 24 hours following the initial contact; or
b. it is not part of the “Fonterra Milk for Schools” programme, and does not agree
to join the programme for a minimum of two school terms within 24 hours of being notified and given the opportunity to join; or
c. it is not a Full Primary, Contributing, Composite & Special Schools who have primary school students in Year 1-6 (as identified by the Ministry of Education Directory of Educational Institutions) that is eligible to join the Fonterra Milk for Schools Programme, or a Satellite school which may also be eligible to join at Fonterra’s sole discretion.
d. for any reason is unable to comply with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, and in each case, the panel of judges will select another primary school to win that Prize.
14. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publication of winner’s photos and images:
15. The Winners must agree to co-operate with all Fonterra’s reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Fonterra Milk for Schools ‘Back to School’ event and participate in publicity for this Promotion including allowing photography, videography, and live broadcasts of the event, interviewing school staff or children, and using names, images and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media whatsoever.
16. Each winning school will be responsible for obtaining all staff and child consents to participate in the event prize, including to participate in any photography and videography taken for promotional purposes.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.
18. Prizes cannot be varied and are not transferable or redeemable for cash. In the event that a Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
19. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all other expenses or ancillary costs become the responsibility of the winner.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Winners to provide proof of identity, and/or proof of entry validity. In the event that such proof is not provided by the Winner or is not suitable to Fonterra, then that winner shall forfeit their rights to any prizes.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry (including the winning entry) which, in the Promoter’s opinion includes objectionable content, profanity or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements.
22. The Promoter may disqualify any entry or individual (including any prize winner) who tampers with the entry process, submits an entry not in accordance with the terms and conditions, breaches these terms and conditions, or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct which is unlawful, improper, fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter or Promotion.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any web site, telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries.
25. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion.
26. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries or any entries that for whatever reason, are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
27. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related companies shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or personal injury whatsoever by or to any person in connection with the Promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize.
28. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and Facebook will not be liable to the Winner for any claim associated with this Promotion. In order to participate in the Promotion, you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used to run the Promotion and announce the Winners.
29. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter needs to collect personal information from entrants in order to conduct the Promotion – without this personal information, the Promoter may not be able to provide you with entry into the Promotion. Unless otherwise authorised by you, your personal information will be held by the Promoter for the purposes of the Promotion and may be shared with partners of the Promoter solely for the purposes of the Promotion. Any questions relating to this Promotion, or to access or request correction of your personal information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.