To make sure you get the most out of your farm visit, take a moment to read the T&Cs
- All visitors must wear closed in shoes (jandals and bare feet will not be permitted). For biosecurity and public health reasons all footwear must be clean, and you must use the disinfectant footbath provided as you enter and exit the farm.
- As these are working farms, animals will not be permitted onto any farm under any circumstances. We also recommend that you do not bring wheelchairs, pushchairs, buggies, prams or similar, as they may be difficult to manoeuvre around the farm.
- Children must be fully supervised at all times while you are on the farm. There must be at least one adult for every three children under the age of 13.
- You must not touch any animals on farm at any time. You must not attend a farm if you have been on an overseas farm or been in contact with an ill animal any time from 31 October to 10 November 2019.
- You must comply with all rules, including health and safety rules, of the farm you are visiting. General health and safety rules will also be provided in the email confirming the address of the farm you are allocated to visit and will also be available at the farm when you visit.
- You must make your own way to and from the farm you are allocated to visit. There will be car parking facilities at each farm.
- Fonterra may cancel or change the date or time of Open Gates, or refuse any individual or group entry to a farm, for any reason whatsoever in its discretion.
- Your attendance at Open Gates is at your own risk. Fonterra disclaims, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all liability arising from or in connection with Open Gates, including without limitation, any injury, illness or accident resulting from or occurring during Open Gates. You may be liable for any damage you cause to a farm during Open Gates.
- There will be a film crew and photographers on the farms during the Open Gates event. You acknowledge and agree that by attending the event, you may be captured in videography or photography and that Fonterra can use your image and/or voice captured in such material in advertising or marketing relating to similar future events and for any other business purposes, in any media whatsoever.
- Fonterra is committed to protecting your privacy. Fonterra will collect and use your details for the purposes of running Open Gates and for contacting you after Open Gates about related events and initiatives. Fonterra may also use your details to contact you in the future for general business purposes if you have indicated you would like to receive such communications when registering. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com
Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch with us for more information.