Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
July 2017 - In this edition
- Production flat to declining in New Zealand, Australia and the EU, steady growth in the US.
- Dairy export growth from the US, some growth in EU exports.
- Strong import growth in Latin America continues while some easing of imports into Asia.
- Fonterra Australia milk collection for the season ended 30 June 2017 was 125 million kgMS, 3% up on last season.
- In June, Fonterra New Zealand milk collection reached 12 million kgMS.
- Fonterra builds additional capacity at Te Rapa to meet Chinese demand for cream cheese and butter.
- Our forecast Farmgate Milk Price for the new season has increased from $6.50 to $6.75 per kgMS.
- Earnings per share guidance for the 2018 financial year has been announced.
- Fonterra announces ambition to work with communities to improve 50 of New Zealand’s freshwater catchments.
- Fonterra Milk for Schools improves kids health according to recent Massey University study.
- August 2017