Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
October 2017 - In this edition
- Unfavourable weather conditions impacting New Zealand production. Production increasing in Australia and the EU in July.
- Global dairy exports increased other than from the United States, where exports declined for the first time since June 2016.
- Further strong import growth in China. Middle East and Africa imports down in June.
- In September, Fonterra New Zealand milk collection was 2% behind September last season. Fonterra Australia collection increased 23% on September last year.
- Fonterra forecast milk collection in New Zealand for the 2017/18 season was lowered to 1,540 million kgMS.
- Helping protect one of the North Island’s best kept secrets.
- Supporting 1,549 community groups (and counting).