Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
May 2018 - In this edition
- China Imports back to growth for the month. Imports down in Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- Dairy exports for all regions grew strongly. The US has highest monthly exports in four years.
- Increases in production across all regions for the month. Australian production up for the sixth consecutive month.
- In April, Fonterra’s New Zealand collections were down 2% and Fonterra’s Australian collections were up 25% compared to April last year.
- Fonterra’s forecast milk collection for the 2018/19 season is 1,525 million kgMS.
- 2018 nine-month business update.
- Increased forecast farmgate milk price for the 2017/18 season of $6.75 per kgMS.
- New season forecast farmgate milk price for the 2018/19 season announced at $7.00 per kgMS
- Forecast earnings per share revised to 25-30 cents due to the rapid and late increase in our input costs.
- Full year target dividend range lowered to 15-20 cents per share.
- Fonterra EECA partnership drives 25% reduction in emissions at Brightwater site.
- Te Rapa celebrates 50 years – a place of work, a producer of world class dairy, a supportive community and, for some, it has even been home.