Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
March 2017 - In this edition
- European milk production decreased for the seventh consecutive month, while the US remains strong. The rate of decline in New Zealand production is easing.
- US exports continue to grow with a seventh consecutive month of positive growth. EU exports declined for the first time in over two years.
- Steady growth continues in Asia and Latin America while China imports continue to soften.
- While still down on last year collections improved in February with better growing conditions.
- Maximising value from late season volume growth.
- Fonterra confirmed its forecast Farmgate Milk Price under the quarterly DIRA update at $6.00/kgMS.
- Forecast season collections were updated to 1,515m kgMS, a 3% decline on last season.
- Fonterra will provide an update on its performance as part of the Interim Results announcement on 22 March.