Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
November 2017 - In this edition
- Strong growth in dairy imports continues in China and Asia. Middle East and Africa imports continue to soften.
- Further decline in dairy exports from New Zealand and Australia. EU showing strong export growth.
- Milk production in New Zealand improved in October. European milk production increased for the fourth consecutive month.
- In October, Fonterra New Zealand milk collection increased 2% to 209 million kgMS and Fonterra Australia milk collection increased 31% to 18 million kgMS.
- Foodservice business tops $2 billion in revenue.
- Farmers band together to improve local waterway.