Global Dairy Update
GLOBAL DAIRY UPDATE
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
June 2017 - In this edition
- Increased production in the US and some recovery in the EU and New Zealand.
- Continued growth in US exports with New Zealand steady, EU and Australia volumes remain soft.
- Volumes continue to strengthen in Asia and China while Middle East & Africa imports remain soft.
- Fonterra’s New Zealand milk collection for the season ended 31 May 2017 was 1,526 million kgMS, down 3% on last season.
- Forecast Fonterra milk collection in New Zealand for the 2017/18 season is 1,575 million kgMS.
- Farmers set to benefit from new high-tech weather stations.
- Kiwis underestimate the power of protein in dairy products.
- Minimum shareholding requirement for farmer shareholders.