Global Dairy Update
The Global Dairy Update keeps our farmer shareholders, investors and stakeholders informed about the Co-operative. It provides a review of key business developments and information on Fonterra's activities around the world.
You can sign up to the investor relations distribution list and receive market announcements and the Global Dairy Update when they are available.
FEBRUARY 2017 - IN THIS EDITION
- European milk production decreased for the sixth consecutive month, volumes in New Zealand and Australia continued to be impacted by adverse weather conditions.
- US exports continue to grow with a sixth consecutive month of positive growth. Recent export strength out of NZ and the EU appears to be softening.
- Global import growth has softened but remains strong for the year.
- Milk collections have shown signs of recovery, particularly in the North Island. Season forecast revised to 5% decline from previous 7%.
- Fonterra hosts an Investor Day focussed on the Ingredients business unit.
- 30 investors and research analysts heard more about Fonterra’s ability to create value across the Ingredients value chain.
- Young Chilean farmers to gain Kiwi experience.
- Milk for Schools now reaching 70% of Kiwi children.