Board of Directors Review.
On 12 August 2013, Fonterra Chairman John Wilson announced that the Board of Directors of Fonterra had established the WPC80 Inquiry Committee, and charged them to oversee an independent review into the circumstances giving rise to the affected whey protein concentrate (WPC80) and subsequent chain of events.
The Committee was be chaired by Independent Fonterra Director, Sir Ralph Norris, and included two external independent members who are not Fonterra Board members.
The Committee is comprised of:
- Sir Ralph Norris (chair) – Independent Director
- Simon Israel – Independent Director
- Dame Judith Potter – External Independent Member
- Blue Read – Farmer Elected Director
- Nicola Shadbolt – Farmer Elected Director
- John Waller – Independent Director
- Professor Stuart McCutcheon, Vice Chancellor of the University of Auckland
The Committee appointed Jack Hodder, QC of Chapman Tripp, to undertake the review, reporting back to the Committee. The inquiry team also included an international food safety expert, Jacob Heida, and a specialist in crisis management and communication, Gabrielle Trainor.
The findings and recommendations of the Independent Inquiry were released on 29 October