What we stand for
What makes Fonterra Malaysia tick
Food safety and quality
It’s our purpose to be the world’s most trusted source of dairy nutrition with uncompromising standards for food safety and quality.
Our integrated grass to glass supply chain means that we have full control over each step of the production process allowing us to deliver the highest quality products to our customers and consumers. Each year we undertake close to seven million food safety and quality tests and continue to find innovative ways to enhance our world-class systems.
We are committed to:
- Food safety - Produce and supply safe, quality foods.
- Consumer health - Produce and supply nutritious dairy products.
- Customer satisfaction - Aim to consistently satisfy and surpass customer and consumer expectations.
- Regulatory compliance - Fully comply with relevant regulations and regulatory environments for trading food products.
Halal is a way of life for many of our consumers, and we are proud of our commitment which starts at the source on our New Zealand farms.
We provide high-quality Halal-certified dairy products to Malaysia and meet the highest Halal standards certified by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM).
We take every precaution to ensure our supply chain meets the strictest Halal standards.
- All ingredients used in the manufacturing process must have a valid Halal certification that is recognised by JAKIM before entering our manufacturing sites that make Halal dairy products.
- Porcine-derived materials are prohibited in all of our manufacturing sites that make Halal dairy products.
- We clean our manufacturing sites in a way that actively prevents any chance of contamination from other sources.
- Here in Malaysia, we work with distributors who are Halal-compliant to avoid any contamination of our own consumer brands in-store.
Our community activities in Malaysia aim to enrich lives and make a positive difference to those who need it most.
Since 2012, we have worked with Yayasan Salam Malaysia (SALAM) on a development programme for children’s education, health, and nutrition.
This work reaches 50 Orang Asli families in Kampung Pertak, a community located in Hulu Selangor, Selangor.
It aims to cultivate an interest in education and the importance of health and nutrition within the Kampung Pertak community through a systematic and creative educational approach. This includes free early childhood classes, nutrition workshops, and health checks.
Health, safety & environment
We are committed to the health, safety and well-being of our employees. This means ensuring our people are healthy, live with balance and go home from work safely every day.
Our business is based on natural resources, so protecting the environment is integral to our growth. We are committed to being among the most environmentally sustainable food producers in the world.
We recognise that sustainability starts at home, on-farm, with our farmers leading the way by using natural resources responsibly, and ensuring a secure source of quality milk.
Across our manufacturing operations, we focus on encouraging recycling and waste reduction, reducing our energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, and protecting the quality of the water we use. Not only do these actions have a positive environmental impact, they also have a positive impact on our operating costs