At Fonterra we are committed to achieving the highest standard of corporate governance and leadership.
- Corporate Governance
- Our Board and management team have developed systems that reflect Fonterra’s unique characteristics and requirements as a New Zealand-based co-operative.
- Our Constitution
- This Fonterra Constitution was implemented in December 2012.
- Board of Directors
- Our Board of Directors is responsible for the leadership and direction of Fonterra, and is elected by Shareholders and the Board.
- Fonterra Shareholders’ Council
- The Fonterra Shareholders’ Council is an elected national body of farmer shareholders. One of its key roles is to represent the views of all Fonterra Shareholders as suppliers, owners and investors.
- Fonterra Shareholders’ Councillors
- There are 37 Shareholders’ Councillors, elected to represent the interests of Fonterra’s farmer shareholders. Each councillor is elected by farmers within the ward they represent.
- Fonterra Council Wards
- There are 37 Shareholders’ Councillors throughout New Zealand. Each Councillor is elected to represent a geographical ward.